Help Me Grow can provide families with the following assistance:
- Enrollment in community programs
- Information, resources, and educational materials
- Referrals with enhanced advocacy and follow up
- Developmental screenings, including:
- Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ) is utilized to screen children 0-5½ years of age across five domains of the child’s functioning: Communication, Gross Motor, Fine Motor, Problem Solving and Personal-Social.
- Ages and Stages Questionnaire Social Emotional (ASQ: SE) offers in-depth assessment of a child’s peer and adult interactions, as well as general personal, emotional development for the same age group.
- Pediatric Symptom Checklist, an evidence-based instrument for children 5 ½ -8 years of age, which is meant to determine whether or not a child in this age range has any general developmental concerns.
How you can allow Help Me Grow to support your families and staff:
- Post the Help Me Grow flyer (available in several languages) in a central, visible area
- Distribute the Help Me Grow flyer (ex: display extra copies in the lobby, share as part of a welcome package for the agency, exhibit during outreach events in the community)
- Training for your staff (regarding Help Me Grow or general childhood development/milestones)
- Invite us to community events (family education sessions, outreach events, etc.) that your agency hosts, so the Help Me Grow team can share information directly with clients
- Submit a referral form on behalf of a family who you think would benefit from Help Me Grow services
- Listing Help Me Grow in materials regarding community resources and programs
- Schedule a time for a site visit to learn more about Help Me Grow
If you provide services for children birth through age eight, you can become a listed provider through your local 2-1-1 organization. The resources available through 2-1-1 are used to provide thousands of referrals a month to members of the community. In many communities, 2-1-1 has the largest and most comprehensive database of social services. To have your organization listed, it is free of charge to organizations that meet the local 2-1-1’s inclusion/exclusion policy. For more information about the requirements to become a listed provider or to become a referral through the resource database, contact your local 2-1-1 organization here.