What is a Physician Champion?
A Physician Champion is a voice for families and children who need early intervention services.
Physician Champions serve a key role in the development of the Help Me Grow system and outreach to child health care providers. They are devoted, passionate physicians who give the system credibility and authority, particularly for the physician community. The ideal Physician Champion has a background in developmental or behavioral medicine, along with strong connections to their local chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics and/or the Academy of Family Physicians and university medical schools.
The Help Me Grow system supports pediatricians by enhancing their effective developmental promotion and early detection routines for all children and families. Our Physician Champions are collaborative partners who educate and motivate child health care providers to conduct systematic surveillance and screening of young children. In addition, Physician Champions can serve as a care coordination arm for busy pediatric primary care practices.
Current Physician Champions
- Jewish Community Services
- Carmen Molina, M.D., FAAP, Amedica Children’s Center
- 2-1-1 Big Bend
- Julia St. Petery, M.D., Tallahassee Pediatric Foundation
- 2-1-1 Brevard
- Dr. Preeti Bimbrahw, Viera Pediatrics
- 2-1-1 Tampa Bay Cares
- Sarah Kelley, M.D., Community Health Centers of Pinellas, Inc.
- United Way of Lee, Hendry & Glades
- Annette M. St. Pierre-MacKoul, M.D., MacKoul Pediatrics
- Melanio Villarosa, M.D., Hendry Regional Medical Center
- Pierre Loredo, M.D., Lee Physician Group
- 2-1-1 Palm Beach / Treasure Coast
- Jeanmarie Conner, M.D., Premier Pediatrics
- Irma E. Romero, M.D., Kid’s Place Pediatrics
- Michael Sonenblum, M.D., FAAP, Pediatric Associates
- United Way of Volusia & Flagler Counties
- Edwin E. Prevatte, M.D., FAAFP, Halifax Health Medical Center
- Heart of Florida United Way
- Alfonso Mireles, M.D., Nemours Children’s Health System
- Early Learning Coalition of Marion County
- Jadira Irizarry-Padilla, M.D., Heart of Florida Health Center
- Diana Ancona, ARNP, Heart of Florida Health Center
- Sondra Smith, ARNP, Community Family Healthcare
- Early Childhood Council of Hillsborough County, Inc.
- Carolyn L. Marasco, M.D, Carrollwood Pediatrics