Physician champions serve a key role in the development of the Help Me Grow system. They give the system credibility and authority, particular for the physician community. Physician champions with strong connections to university medical schools and a background in developmental-behavioral medicine who are passionate about early intervention for all children are good matches for Help Me Grow.
Physician champions generally assist local Help Me Grow programs with the following duties:
- facilitate outreach trainings at doctors’ offices
- promote Help Me Grow to physician community to facilitate collaboration
- present at state medical meetings, including the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), about Help Me Grow services
Please see below for a list of physician champions who are working in communities across Florida in partnership Help Me Grow initiative:
- Dr. Chico Arenas, Broward Health
- Dr. Laura Wilner, Medical Director, Pediatric Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital
- Dr. Jeffrey Brosco, Professor of Clinical Pediatrics, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Dr. Peter Gorski, Chief Health and Child Development Officer, The Children’s Trust
Lee, Hendry & Glades:
- Dr. Adrienne Tedeschi, Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrician, Lee Physician Group
- Dr. Michael Sonenblum, Pediatric Associates
- Dr. Genon M. Wicina, Martin Health System, Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine
- Dr. Julia St. Petery, Medical Director of the Children’s Medical Foster Care Program and Assistant Medical Director of the Tallahassee Pediatric Foundation
To become a physician champion in your community, please contact your local Help Me Grow by clicking here.